Preparing the next generation of leader2
The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Professional Fellows Program (YSEALI PFP) is a fully-funded exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. YSEALI PFP provides emerging leaders from Southeast Asia the opportunity to spend five to six weeks in the United States gaining professionally relevant fellowship experiences at non-profit, public, or private sector organizations. The program is designed to promote mutual understanding, enhance Fellows’ leadership and professional skills, and build lasting and sustainable partnerships between emerging leaders in Southeast Asia and the United States. YSEALI PFP is administered under four Institute themes: Civic Engagement, Economic Empowerment, Governance and Society, and Sustainable Development and the Environment.
YSEALI PFP is open to professionals age 25-35 from any of the eleven YSEALI countries.
The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program offers leadership and professional development opportunities under each of the following Institute themes:
- Civic Engagement
- Economic Empowerment
- Governance and Society
- Sustainable Development and the Environment
YSEALI Exchange Program in the USA Details:
Host Country: United States of America (USA)
Sponsored by: US Department of State Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs
Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Deadline: August 1, 2023.
Financial Benefits of the YSEALI Exchange Program USA:
- The program includes international travel and living expenses.
- Fellows will receive assistance to obtain a J-1 visa from the American Councils.
- YESALI PFP will cover the visa costs, including travel to the interview.
- YESALI PFP will provide emerging health benefits to fellows.
- During the program, fellows will get a chance to learn US culture by staying with an American family, taking part in a cultural excursion, or staying with a short-term host family.
Eligibility Criteria of the YSEALI Exchange Program USA:
- You must be a citizen of the Southeast Asian nation and a resident of that country.
- A candidate needs to be an emerging leader.
- To be considered, you must have two years of professional experience and be currently employed.
- Professionals from any government, civil society, or private sector can apply.
- Your experience should be related to the selected themes.
- YSEALI applicants must be between 25 and 35 years old.
- It is necessary that you are proficient in reading and writing English.
- Citizens of the United States and permanent residents of the United States cannot apply.
- The application deadline to apply for the YSEALI Exchange Program in the USA is August 1, 2023.
How to Apply for the YSEALI Exchange Program in the USA?
- Applicants must submit their applications through AIS Forms Portal.
- You will be asked at the beginning of the application process to rank the Institute themes in order of preference.
- Furthermore, you will be asked to indicate which of the two program cycles you are interested in participating in. Each program cycle’s dates will be provided in the application.
- On the last page of your online application, click “Submit” in order to submit your application. Your application will be considered incomplete if you do not press the Submit button. You will not be able to make any changes to your application after it has been submitted.
- You will not be able to make any changes to your application after it has been submitted.
- After your application is submitted successfully, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.