The World in Serbia Scholarship 2022 is an award given by the Government of the Republic of Serbia. These scholarship awards are given for Bachelor’s, Masters, and Doctoral programs to the citizens of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) member countries .
The World in Serbia Scholarship 2022 award covers the following degrees/programs:
- Bachelor’s degrees
- Masters degrees
- Ph.D. degrees.
NB: All levels of study will be taught in Serbian.
Who can apply for The World in Serbia Scholarship 2022
The following criteria must be considered by applicants before applying for The World of Serbia Scholarship 2022:
- Citizen of a NAM member/observer state.
- Must be nominated by the South African Government through the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- Must be under the age of:
- 21 for first-degree studies – Bachelor academic studies and Bachelor vocational studies
- 25 for specialist vocational studies of the first degree and for the second-degree studies: Master’s degree academic studies, Master’s degree vocational studies, specialist academic studies;
- 35 for third-degree studies – Doctoral academic studies.
4. Applicants must hold:
- academic/vocational studies completed over four years for Bachelor’s program
- academic studies totaling:
-60 European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) credits – with a suitable diploma from a higher education institution with at least 240 ECTS credits to enroll in a Master’s program;
120 ECTS credits – with a suitable diploma from a higher education institution with at least 180 ECTS credits to enroll, in a Master’s program.
-appropriate diploma of higher education institution acquired in master academic/integrated academic studies with the scope of no less than 300 ECTS credits to enroll for a Doctoral program.
-a suitable diploma from a higher education institution with at least 180 ECTS credits to enroll in a Specialist/Master’s vocational program;
5. Must be in good command of English or Serbian language;
6. All applicants must be in good health and produce a medical certificate not older than 6 months, confirming that they have notcontracted an infectious/contagious disease and a negative HIV test.
The World in Serbia Scholarship 2022- Fields of Study
A wide array of study fields are on offer. Please refer to the list of participating Universities in Serbia document for available courses.
Applicants are strongly advised to visit the websites of the Universities of choice for more information on the fields of studies offered, eligibility, and admission requirements.
The World in Serbia Scholarship 2022-Coverage Value
The World in Serbia scholarship 2022 covers the following:
- Serbian language preparatory course (Serbian online course and Serbian language intensive course upon arrival in the Republic of Serbia)
- Tuition at basic academic or vocational studies, specialist vocational studies, master academic studies or doctoral studies
- Monthly stipend to the value of 15.000,00 Serbian dinars (approximately R2 240)
- Student accommodation and food expenses
- Compulsory health insurance
- Residence Visa
- Free verification of secondary and higher education.
N.B: The World in Serbia Scholarship does not cover the following:
- Traveling costs to and from the Republic of Serbia
- City public transport costs
- Textbooks/working material expenses
It is recommended that scholarship holders, in accordance with their personal incidentals, have a certain amount of money in order to cover expenses that are not completely provided for by the scholarship.
The nominating authority for South African citizens who wish to apply for the World in Serbia Project Scholarship is the Department of Higher Education and Training.
Applicants must complete the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development Application form, attach the required supporting documents, and submit it to Internationalscholarships@dhet.gov.za.
Compulsorily, applicants MUST submit these supporting documents along their application form:
- A CV with a motivational letter
- Certified copy of passport
- Certified copies of all post-school qualification certificates
- Certified copies of all post-school academic transcripts
- English or Serbian Language proficiency certificate
- Medical certificate not older than 6 months confirming that you have not contracted an infectious/contagious disease; and
- A negative HIV test
N.B: All documents submitted must be clear and in PDF format (no photographs of documents will be accepted).
The World in Serbia Scholarship 2022 application deadline is 26 January 2022.
Note: Please note that the above deadline differs from what is contained in the guidelines below due to the processing of applications and selection processes that need to be completed by the DHET as the nominating agency. Failure to submit applications and supporting documents by the above due date will result in your application not being considered.