Civil Engineering Fully Funded Ukawe and Swansea Ph.D. Scholarship 2023 is open for UK and EU Students. The scholarship allows Ph.D. level programs (s) in the field of Computational Mathematics, Engineering Stimulation taught at Swansea University. The deadline for the scholarship is 27 Jan 2023.
CIVIL ENGINEERING: FULLY FUNDED UKAWE AND SWANSEA PH.D. SCHOLARSHIP: A MULTIMATERIAL ARBITRARY LAGRANGIAN EULERIAN (ALE) SCHEME FOR SHOCK HYDRODYNAMICS (RS182)
This Ph.D. scholarship is fully funded, and offered by Swansea University. It is funded by the UK Atomic Weapons Establishment (UKAWE) and Swansea University’s Faculty of Science and Engineering. It’s a great opportunity for students who want to take their research career to the next level. This scholarship is only open to students who carry a UK Passport.
The recruited Ph.D. candidate will become a member of an active research group working on the development and application of cutting-edge computational techniques for large-strain solid dynamics, dynamic fracture/contact, and computational multi-physics.
Civil Engineering Fully Funded Ukawe and Swansea Ph.D. Scholarship 2023 is available to undertake Ph.D.-level programs at Swansea University.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Computational Mathematics
- Engineering Stimulation
This scholarship is fully funded.
This scholarship is open only to applicants holding a UK passport.
Candidates must normally hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level (or Non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University) in Engineering or a similar relevant science discipline. See ‘country-specific information for European and international applicants (available at the bottom of the page)’.
English Language Requirements: If applicable – IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 5.5 in each individual component) or Swansea recognized equivalent. Details on the Swansea University English Language entry policy can be found here.
Due to funding restrictions, this scholarship is open only to applicants holding a UK passport.
NB: If you are holding a non-UK degree, please see Swansea University degree comparisons to find out if you meet the eligibility.
If you have any questions regarding your academic or fee eligibility based on the above, please email email@example.com with the web link to the scholarship(s) you are interested in.
To apply, please complete your application online with the following information:
- Course choice – please select Civil Engineering / Ph.D. / Full-time / 3 Year / AprilIn the event you have already applied for the above program previously, the application system may issue a warning notice and prevent application, in this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org where staff will be happy to assist you in submitting your application.
- Start year – please select 2023
- Funding (page 8) –
- ‘Are you funding your studies yourself?’ – please select No
- ‘Name of Individual or organization providing funds for study’ – please enter ‘RS182 – Ph.D. Civil Eng’
*It is the responsibility of the applicant to list the above information accurately when applying, please note that applications received without the above information listed will not be considered for the scholarship award.
One application is required per individual Swansea University-led research scholarship award; applications cannot be considered listing multiple Swansea University-led research scholarship awards.
As part of your online application, you MUST upload the following documents (please do not send these via email):
- Degree certificates and transcripts (if you are currently studying for a degree, screenshots of your grades to date are sufficient)
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ to explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project.
- Two references (academic or previous employer) on the headed paper or using the Swansea University reference form. Please note that we are not able to accept references received citing private email accounts, e.g. Hotmail. Referees should cite their employment email address for verification of reference.
- Evidence of meeting English Language requirements (if applicable).
- Copy of UK resident visa (if applicable)
Informal inquiries are welcome, please contact Professor Antonio J. Gil (email@example.com).
*External Partner Application Data Sharing – Please note that as part of the scholarship application selection process, application data sharing may occur with external partners outside of the University, when joint/co-funding of a scholarship project is applicable.